TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
November 3, 2020 2 PM ET
This 2-hour advanced course gives students an in-depth analysis of Medicaid divestment rules, including divestment terminology. Participants will learn about the lookback period, how to calculate the penalty period, and effective gifting strategies both inside and outside of the lookback period. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except California. (For similar course in California, click here.)
* Medicaid divestment rules.
* Key Medicaid divestment terms.
* What transfers constitute divestment and which are exempt.
* Medicaid divestment trusts and trusts exempt from divestment penalty.
* Calculating the lookback period.
* Converting the lookback period into a waiting period.
* Aggregating transfers and calculating the penalty period.
* Determining the penalty period start date.
* Ways to cancel partial month penalty periods.
* Advanced planning gifting strategies.
* Crisis planning gifting strategies.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $125
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.