top of page
TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE
This 2-hour advanced course gives students an in-depth analysis of Medi-Cal divestment rules, including divestment terminology. Participants will learn about the lookback period, how to calculate the penalty period, and effective gifting strategies both inside and outside of the lookback period. (For a similar course in other states, click here.)
* Medi-Cal divestment rules.
* Key Medi-Cal divestment terms.
* What transfers constitute divestment and which are exempt.
* Medi-Cal divestment trusts and trusts exempt from divestment penalty.
* Calculating the lookback period.
* Converting the lookback period into a waiting period.
* Aggregating transfers and calculating the penalty period.
* Determining the penalty period start date.
* Ways to cancel partial month penalty periods.
* Advanced planning gifting strategies.
* Crisis planning gifting strategies.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medi-Cal Planning and Understanding Medi-Cal Divestment Rules are strongly recommended.)
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online MCLE is $100
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.
bottom of page