TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
September 16, 2020 11AM PT
This 2-hour introductory course explains the basics of the Medi-Cal long-term care system, its historical roots and how Medi-Cal Planning is used in practice to help protect clients from overspending on the cost of long-term care. This course is applicable only for practitioners in California. (For similar course for all other states, click here.)
* The federal Medi-Cal program covers long-term care expenses.
* How California participate in the federal Medicaid program with Medi-Cal.
* The basic eligibility rules for long-term care Medi-Cal.
* How asset restructuring can achieve eligibility for long-term care Medi-Cal.
* The methodology used to analyze a client’s situation to determine if Medi-Cal Planning is right for them.
* The proper data to collect from a client to determine the potential for long-term care Medi-Cal eligibility.
* The Medi-Cal Planning timeline from client inquiry to post-eligibility planning.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $75
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.