top of page
TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE
This introductory course provides a simple and easy explanation of the divestment rules applicable to long-term care Medi-Cal. This course takes the student through the basics of divestment planning and explains key terms such as the lookback period, the penalty divisor, the penalty period and disqualifying transfer. This course describes how to calculate the divestment penalty. This course is applicable for practitioners in California only. (For similar course in other states, click here.)
* What is divestment for LTC Medi-Cal.
* What is the history of LTC Medi-Cal divestment.
* Key LTC Medi-Cal divestment terms.
* What transfers count as divestment.
* Transfers that are exempt from divestment.
* What is the lookback period for determining disqualify transfers.
* What is the applicable divestment divisor.
* How to calculate the divestment penalty.
* The divestment penalty cap.
* How to cure a divestment penalty.
* How to achieve a zero-month penalty.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medi-Cal Planning is recommended but not required.)
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $50
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.
bottom of page