TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
November 9, 2020 2 PM ET
This introductory course provides a simple and easy explanation of the divestment rules applicable to long-term care Medicaid. This course takes the student through the basics of divestment planning and explains key terms such as the lookback period, the penalty divisor, the penalty period and disqualifying transfer. This course describes how to calculate the divestment penalty. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except for California. (For similar course in California, click here.)
* What is divestment for LTC Medicaid.
* What is the history of LTC Medicaid divestment.
* Key LTC Medicaid divestment terms.
* What transfers count as divestment.
* Transfers that are exempt from divestment.
* What is the lookback period for determining disqualify transfers. What is the applicable divestment divisor.
* How to calculate the divestment penalty.
* How to cure a divestment penalty.
* When intentional penalties make sense in Medicaid Planning.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $75.
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.