TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE - 24/7 ACCESS
This 2-hour course takes the student through a standard married couple long-term care Medicaid Planning case applicable in all states except California. This course will follow a family from the placement of a spouse into a nursing home through to the successful award of long-term care Medicaid benefits. (For similar course in California, click here.)
* Client intake and key information.
* Case analysis for an LTC Medicaid asset protection plan for a married couple.
* Who is the Community Spouse and what is the Community Spouse Resource Allowance (CSRA).
* Two different methods to calculate the CSRA: straight deduction v. one-half deduction.
* How to calculate the CSRA in a one-half deduction state.
* How to determine the total assets exposed to the long-term care spenddown.
* Asset restructuring to achieve LTC Medicaid eligibility for a married couple.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medicaid Planning and The Basics of Medicaid Compliant Annuities and Promissory Notes are recommended but not required.)
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.
Access to the online CLE is $50
CLE Policy: This course was approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on CLE for course accreditation. We will provide all attorneys a certificate of attendance and any necessary supporting material (i.e. course outline, slide deck presentation, course summary, etc.) so they can self-apply for CLE credits, as needed. This program is open to attorneys and non-attorneys. This course is not approved for insurance CE.