TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
November 11, 2020 10AM PT
This 2-hour course takes the student through a standard married couple long-term care Medi-Cal Planning. This course will follow a family from the placement of a spouse into a nursing home through to the successful award of long-term care Medi-Cal benefits. This course is only applicable for practitioners in California. (For similar course in other states, click here.)
* Client intake and key information.
* Case analysis for an LTC Medi-Cal asset protection plan for a married couple.
* Who is the Community Spouse and what is the Community Spouse Resource Allowance (CSRA).
* Asset classification under the Medi-Cal rules: Countable v. Non-Countable.
* How Medi-Cal treats qualified accounts (IRA, 401k, etc.).
* How to determine the protected amount of assets.
How to determine the total assets exposed to the long-term care spenddown.
Asset restructuring to achieve LTC Medi-Cal eligibility for a married couple.
Using the asset-to income rule to protect assets.
Available gifting strategies to achieve LTC Medi-Cal eligibility.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $75
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.