TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
This 2-hour introductory course covers the use of annuities and promissory notes to convert assets into income for Medi-Cal eligibility strategies. Key terms will be discussed, as well as strategic uses. The course will discuss how to work with insurance-licensed professionals to create strategies to complete your clients’ Medi-Cal eligibility plans. This course is applicable only for practitioners in California. (For similar course for all other states, click here.)
* What is a Medi-Cal Compliant Annuity?
* What is a Medi-Cal Compliant Promissory Note?
* Key terms for annuities and promissory notes.
* What states restrict the use of promissory notes.
* What is a short-term annuity and what states restrict them?
* How the asset-to-income rule allows for the protection of assets for the healthy spouse.
* Who can sell a Medi-Cal Compliant Annuity and how to work with them in the planning process?
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $75
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.