TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
September 22, 2020 2 PM ET
This 2-hour introductory course covers the use of annuities and promissory notes to convert assets into income for Medicaid eligibility strategies. Key terms will be discussed, as well as strategic uses. The course will discuss how to work with insurance-licensed professionals to create strategies to complete your clients’ Medicaid eligibility plans. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except California. (For similar course in California, click here.)
Through this course you will learn:
* What is a Medicaid Compliant Annuity?
* What is a Medicaid Compliant Promissory Note?
* Key terms for annuities and promissory notes.
* What states restrict the use of promissory notes.
* What is a short-term annuity and what states restrict them?
* How the asset-to-income rule allows for the protection of assets for the healthy spouse.
* Who can sell a Medicaid Compliant Annuity and how to work with them in the planning process?
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $75
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.