TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE
This 2-hour course takes the student through a standard single individual long-term care Medi-Cal Planning case from start to approval. This case study course is applicable for practitioners in California only. (For similar course in other states, click here.)
* The client intake process and key information to collect.
* Case analysis for an LTC Medi-Cal asset protection plan for an unmarried applicant.
* How to determine the total spenddown exposure.
* Understanding the gift stacking concept.
* Understanding the asset-to-income rule.
* Using the Gift Stacking + Annuity approach to achieve LTC Medi-Cal eligibility.
* Completing the asset re-structuring to become eligible for LTC Medi-Cal.
* Filing the Medi-Cal application to start the penalty period.
* Post-approval issues.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medi-Cal Planning and The Basics of Medi-Cal Compliant Annuities and Promissory Notes are recommended but not required.)
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $50
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.