TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
December 1, 2020 11 AM PT
This 2-hour advanced course discusses transfers made to family members as related to Medi-Cal divestment. This course specifically discusses two similar cases that matriculated to the Court of Appeals in neighboring states with two different outcomes. (For a similar course in other states, click here.)
* An overview of Medi-Cal divestment rules relating to long-term care.
* How two appeals court decisions from nearby jurisdictions with similar fact pattern compare and contrast.
* The effect of gifting or loaning money to family members on a long-term care Medi-Cal application.
* How to overcome the imposition of an assessed period of ineligibly during a Medi-Cal application.
* How to frame a case for fair hearing or on appeal consistent with the exclusion of family transfers.
* Additional family transfers that cause divestment penalties and how to avoid them.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $125
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.