TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
December 1, 2020 2 PM ET
This 2-hour advanced course covers Medicaid divestment issues that come up, inlucuding how to deal with loans to family members. The course reviews 2 state appeals court opinions with very similar fact patterns from New York and neighboring New Jersey with different results. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except California. (For similar course in California, click here.)
- An overview of Medicaid divestment rules relating to long-term care.
- How two appeals court decisions from nearby jurisdictions with similar fact pattern compare and contrast.
- The effect of gifting or loaning money to family members on a long-term care Medicaid application.
- How to overcome the imposition of an assessed period of ineligibly during a Medicaid application.
- How to frame a case for fair hearing or on appeal consistent with the exclusion of family transfers.
- Additional family transfers that cause divestment penalties and how to avoid them.
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
Live Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $125
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.