top of page
TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE - 24/7 ACCESS
This 2-hour course explains the federal estate recovery mandate, the effect of exemption of the family home and the federal equity cap on the long-term care Medicaid eligibility process, and the top planning strategies for protecting the family home from recovery. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except California. (For similar course in California, click here.)
Through this course you will learn:
* How a home is treated for LTC Medicaid eligibility determinations.
* When a home loses its exemption.
* The federal home equity cap impact on LTC Medicaid eligibility determinations. The federal home equity cap exclusions.
* Basic LTC Medicaid divestment issues as they relate to the homestead.
* Selling a home after a patient is on LTC Medicaid.
* Scope of estate recovery.
* Recoverable estate: Probate Definition v. Expanded Estate Definition
* Effective techniques to avoid estate recovery of a family home.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medicaid Planning is recommended but not required.)
Can't join live? Sign up and we'll send you a link by email to view the recording with extended Q&A.
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.
Access to the online CLE is $50
CLE Policy: This course was approved by the Supreme Court of Ohio Commission on CLE for course accreditation. We will provide all attorneys a certificate of attendance and any necessary supporting material (i.e. course outline, slide deck presentation, course summary, etc.) so they can self-apply for CLE credits, as needed. This program is open to attorneys and non-attorneys. This course is not approved for insurance CE.
bottom of page