top of page
THREE-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE
This 3-hour course delves deep into the mechanics of a Medi-Cal Compliant Annuity and the practical application these annuities in Medi-Cal Planning scenarios. This course will cover the name on the check rule, naming the state as beneficiary and estate recovery avoidance tools. This course is applicable for practitioners in all states except California. (For a similar course in other states, click here.)
* History of Medi-Cal Compliant Annuities (OBRA93 to present).
* Medi-Cal Compliant Annuity (MCA) statutes and state regulations.
* Requirements of an MCA.
* Actuarial soundness requirements for MCAs.
* The structure of an MCA contract.
* Strategic design of an MCA contract and application.
* Beneficiary requirements of an MCA.
* Short-term MCAs and the Zahner opinion.
* Top Medi-Cal Planning techniques with MCAs.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medi-Cal Planning and The Basics of Medi-Cal Compliant Annuities and Promissory Notes are strongly recommended.)
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $100
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook. He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.
bottom of page