TWO-HOUR ONLINE CLE COURSE
ON-DEMAND PRE-RECORDED CLE
This 2-hour course covers the fair hearing process for long-term care Medi-Cal. The entire fair hearing process is discussed, including how to request a fair hearing, representing an applicant at fair hearing and proper uses of a fair hearing. This course will help the student understand the difference between a substance denial and a process denial. This course will provide winning strategies for overcoming wrongful determinations.(For similar course in other states, click here.)
* What is a Medi-Cal fair hearing.
* When is it appropriate to request a Medi-Cal fair hearing.
* Different uses of a Medi-Cal fair hearing.
* Who can represent an applicant/recipient at a Medi-Cal fair hearing.
* What is an improper denial and the difference between a substance denial and a process denial.
* Most common types of process denials.
* Advocacy strategies at fair hearing.
* How to overcome a negative ruling at fair hearing.
Prerequisites: None (Introduction to Medi-Cal Planning is recommended but not required.)
On-Demand Online Class
Course Registration Fee
Access to the online CLE is $50
Michael Anthony, JD, CMP™, is one of the nation’s leading long-term care benefit eligibility experts. He is a former delegate to the White House Conference on Aging. He has authored the largest book in print on the subject of Medicaid/Medi-Cal Planning, the Medicaid Planning Guidebook.He regularly teaches CLE courses and lectures on the subject nationally.